Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques]

+6
Raiden
Takashi
Tsengu
Pjotrkiller
chaotrix2
Sorlaize
10 posters

Go down

Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques] Empty Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques]

Post  Sorlaize Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Pjort asked in another topic what language the voices would be.

I propose that we use English, and make them ourselves. The supporting reasoning is as follows:

- We do not own the copyrights or reproduction / redistribution permissions of such content used in the anime dubs / subs

- English accents are easier to pull off

- English is acceptable for a game

- We can make them decent enough to be better suited to each character than in most anime dubs Razz

- Unlicenced, fanmade dubs are done this way

- We can use many English accents; we (as an international community) are not limited to just American or English accents

Last edited by Sorlaize on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorlaize
Sorlaize
SOS Lead
SOS Lead

http://soundofstone.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques] Empty Re: Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques]

Post  chaotrix2 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:45 pm

yes, sounds good, plus hiring people with really good voices would cost a lot. But for jutsu's are we saying the japanese versions (kage bushin no jutsu) or english (shadow clone jutsu)? I think japanese, as it would sound more authentic..

Last edited by chaotrix2 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to ask)
chaotrix2
chaotrix2
Genin

Back to top Go down

Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques] Empty Re: Character Voice-overs [Mainly applies to Techniques]

Post  Pjotrkiller Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:49 pm

... Use Japanese 9/10 people hate DUBBED (english spoke) Use Japanese for more people Sad Can't you ask for Copyright© to take sound out of a Episode?

chaotrix2 wrote:yes, sounds good, plus hiring people with really good voices would cost
a lot. But for jutsu's are we saying the japanese versions (kage bushin
no jutsu) or english (shadow clone jutsu)? I think japanese, as it
would sound more authentic..

Nvm lol
Pjotrkiller
Pjotrkiller
Special Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  chaotrix2 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Pjotrkiller wrote:
chaotrix2 wrote:yes, sounds good, plus hiring people with really good voices would cost a lot. But for jutsu's are we saying the japanese versions (kage bushin no jutsu) or english (shadow clone jutsu)? I think japanese, as it would sound more authentic..

Mixing it up would be stupid I prefer to JUST use Japanese.

I didn't suggest mixing them. Just asking if we were going to use japanese OR english.
chaotrix2
chaotrix2
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsengu Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 am

With saying the moves... most definitely gonna say them the japanese way ^^;. English is just gay.. and most the fans are from the sub... not the dub.
Tsengu
Tsengu
SOS Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  chaotrix2 Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 am

Excellent Very Happy
chaotrix2
chaotrix2
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsengu Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 am

It most certainly is lol Very Happy .
Tsengu
Tsengu
SOS Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorlaize Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Tsengu wrote:With saying the moves... most definitely gonna say them the japanese way ^^;. English is just gay.. and most the fans are from the sub... not the dub.

Exactly. I thought it might be cool to display the technique names with Japanese characters as well as with Roman characters, but it's a bit difficult.

Does anyone want to see the poorly translated English, like "Fire Style" in place of "Katon" ? I personally wouldn't, but we might need to if it's gonna be played even by non-Naruto fans *gasps* lol.
Sorlaize
Sorlaize
SOS Lead
SOS Lead

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsengu Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah plus we have dub fans... so they won't know what the hell we are even talking about xD.
Tsengu
Tsengu
SOS Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorlaize Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Tsengu wrote:Yeah plus we have dub fans... so they won't know what the hell we are even talking about xD.

Maybe make an extra option for them, say, you can display both by default, and then choose 1 or keep both types when you go into the options. Also turn off Japanese if you like. Because I know I don't change options before playing Razz
Sorlaize
Sorlaize
SOS Lead
SOS Lead

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsengu Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Alot of the times I don't change options before I play either, sometimes I do though depending how slow it is running lol.
Tsengu
Tsengu
SOS Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  chaotrix2 Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:29 pm

i always change settings on games, whack the graphics up really high, and just to optimise speed as well, or to make UI changes..
chaotrix2
chaotrix2
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Takashi Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm

I can do character voice overs.
Im kind of an actor and Shadow would like to do it as well too.

I would'nt let you guys down. =]

I can even add a Japanese accent maybe.

I can be like "Harro welcome to naruto onrine"

LOL jk

But I seriously can do it if yall need it. =]

Takashi
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 pm

what about if the name of the jutsu is in english, but the scream is on japanese hmm Very Happy
Raiden
Raiden
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsengu Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Well if it's in english.. I won't know half of what the jutsu's are xD. Alot more people know the jutsus in japanese.. others know the jutsu in english. So in writing... it should be both. Perhaps have an option where you can change the setting to jap or eng.
Tsengu
Tsengu
SOS Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Umaterasu Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:30 pm

I think Japanese will be better O.o...seriously...I think Naruto dubbed episodes SUCKS!! @_@. Japanese voice are great and we could make them too Very Happy
Umaterasu
Umaterasu
SOS Concept Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  runeblade Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Hey, speak for yourself, im a dub fan lol. I feel that when i can fully understand whats being said and have the enjoyment of my full attention on the characters speaking then I can really enjoy the show. But thats just me Razz

runeblade
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Umaterasu Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Lol listening to a foreign language is very entertaining too. I prefer listening to :Kage Bunshiin No Jutsu...than Shadow Clone Jutsu, but like you said, its just me Razz
Umaterasu
Umaterasu
SOS Concept Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sw0rdm3n Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:35 pm

I can record them if you want. and we can echance my voice with any program if needed.
Sw0rdm3n
Sw0rdm3n
SOS Modeller

Back to top Go down

Post  Zikara Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:36 pm

well, what if we allow users to have the choice of english or japanese, cus me, for example, i like both dubs. They could have the option to switch languages at any time. This would be good instead of disappointing players with another language.
Zikara
Zikara
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorlaize Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Zikara wrote:well, what if we allow users to have the choice of english or japanese, cus me, for example, i like both dubs. They could have the option to switch languages at any time. This would be good instead of disappointing players with another language.

Well the new anime is only available with subs, so that indicates it's better Razz

I think we should have japanese, but I don't think any games studio or community could make it good enough quality, the anime deserves more than an amateur Japanese imitation. And imitating the show would definately not be a good thing in a legal perspective.

Then again, English voice acting could be seen as not respecting the show, or taking its culture away from it. An English game might not be well accepted in Japan; we have to be careful about that.

I was thinking, we can have English voice acting (but without any strong accents, in particular I hate American dubs that misinterpret the meaning of a "country" accent..) but with English/Japanese subs, and an option for both at the same time.

I think it'd be best to have voices that have similar tones to the anime characters, but so that players can choose their character's voice. Or we could always have real voice communication, with only NPC voices pre-recorded Smile
Sorlaize
Sorlaize
SOS Lead
SOS Lead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down